Do you have super thin lips too?
Recently, at the beauty counter. I had a worker suggest that I get a lip plumper. Yes, I have thin lips that could use a little......okay, a lot of plumping. I tried it on and did notice a nice difference, but at $50 a bottle, I was certainly not interested! That got me thinking that it would be really simple to get the same results, probably even better results, using Essential Oils!
I went home, researched my herb books and came up with 2 oils that would work. This is a super simple method to offer lip plumping effects to your current lip gloss, or you can make a lip balm from scratch and add these oils.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil will agitate the lips a bit, causing blood to flush into the lips, filling them up and giving a look of plumper lips. I really like peppermint in my gloss to aid with fresh breath, as well.
Other uses for Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.*
- Add two to three drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
- Place one drop in palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
Cinnamon Essential Oil
Cinnamon Essential Oil will also work as a mild irritant to the lips increasing blood flow.
Other uses for Cinnamon:
- Place two to three drops in a spray bottle with water for a quick and effective cleaning spray
- During the winter months, dilute Cinnamon with Fractionated Coconut Oil and create a warming massage for cold, achy joints
- Place two to three drops in a doTERRA Veggie Cap to maintain a healthy immune system*
- Place one drop of Cinnamon essential oil in hot water or tea and drink slowly to soothe your throat*
- Add to your favorite recipes in place of ground cinnamon for a delightfully spicy flavor
- Supports healthy metabolic function*
- Naturally repels insects
- May promote healthy circulatory function
You Could also use Clove Essential Oil to get the same effects as Cinnamon Essential Oil. Be careful, though: Clove Oil is very strong.
There are a few ways you can create your natural lip plumper. You can simply add Essential Oils to your current lip gloss. For a full .19oz gloss, I added 4 drops Peppermint and 1 drop Cinnamon Essential Oil. The Cinnamon oil is very lovely because of the smell, but it does give your gloss an extra sting. If you have sensitive lips, you are best to just add Peppermint Oil.
If you want a simple lip gloss from scratch: Mix 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil with 4 drops Peppermint Essential Oil and 1 drop Cinnamon. Mix well.